Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Henry's Book Report


Henry's Book Report

    The Whipping Boy is a fiction book that took place in the forest and a kingdom during the Renaissance. 
    The main characters in The Whipping Boy were Prince Brat, who earned his name by the way he acted, and Jemmy, a boy who got whipped when the prince was bad because it was illegal to whip the prince. Other important characters were Cutwater and Hold-your-nose-Billy, who were robbers known as highwaymen.
    In this book, Jemmy and the Prince run away but get abducted by some highwaymen. Then, when they get away, they run out of the forest. When the highwaymen try to find them, the boys hide in the sewers. In the sewers, there are lots of huge rats that attack Hold-your-nose-Billy and Cutwater. I thought that part was funny.
    I also thought this book, The Whipping Boy, had nice illustrations and  had a cool plot that made me want to keep reading it. I learned some new things about the Renaissance period, about how people were always dirty, and how you could never get a higher place in society than the one you were born in. I’m glad I don’t live in that time.                                                   
    I think this book was a nice short read that made me want to read more books.

No comments:

Post a Comment